Who to Interview
Customer Interview Script
Persona Doc Template
Five Stages of Awareness
Ad Campaign Structure
Here's the interview script I use when I'm interviewing our clients' customers.
As with any interview, you'll probably want to improvise occasionally and dig deeper into interesting points, but I find these questions to be a great starting point.
You'll notice that the questions are almost entirely related to the product - this is intentional. You want to find the pain points that get people to buy your product, as opposed to general challenges and frustrations. This ensures that campaigns targeting those pain points will generate leads that might buy.
Understanding their role and background
- What’s your role and key day-to-day responsibilities?
- What are the long-term or overarching goals in your role?
- Are there any key metrics or KPIs that you're evaluated on?
How they use the product
- How does [PRODUCT] fit into your role? How does it help you with your goals / KPIs?
- How do you use [PRODUCT]? How does it fit into your working day or schedule?
Surfacing pain points and trigger events
- If you didn't have [PRODUCT], what are some of the obstacles that would make your job harder?
- When you bought [PRODUCT], how did you hope it would make life easier?
- What were you using before [PRODUCT] to hit your goals? Why did you start looking for something new?
- Thinking back, do you remember the first time you thought about needing a new solution?
Uncovering questions or objections
- Before you bought [PRODUCT], was there anything you were worried about that could have stopped you from trying it?
Narrowing it down to the key benefits
- If you had to narrow it down, what was the #1 reason you decided to buy [PRODUCT]?
- If your boss said you had to cancel some of your SaaS subscriptions, how would you justify the cost of [PRODUCT]?
- What's the #1 reason you continue to use [PRODUCT]?
- If you had to convince a friend to try [PRODUCT] and you only had 2 minutes to explain why they should buy it, what would you say?
Book More Demos. Win More Customers.
We help B2B SaaS companies grow faster using content, emails & ads.