Here's the interview script I use when I'm interviewing our clients' customers.
As with any interview, you'll probably want to improvise occasionally and dig deeper into interesting points, but I find these questions to be a great starting point.
Understanding their role and background
- What’s your role and key day-to-day responsibilities?
- What are the long-term or overarching goals in your role?
- Are there any key metrics or KPIs that you're evaluated on?
How they use the product
- How does [PRODUCT] fit into your role? How does it help you with your goals / KPIs?
- How do you use [PRODUCT]? How does it fit into your working day or schedule?
Surfacing pain points and trigger events
- If you didn't have [PRODUCT], what are some of the obstacles that would make your job harder?
- When you bought [PRODUCT], how did you hope it would make life easier?
- What were you using before [PRODUCT] to hit your goals? Why did you start looking for something new?
- Thinking back, do you remember the first time you thought about needing a new solution?
Uncovering questions or objections
- Before you bought [PRODUCT], was there anything you were worried about that could have stopped you from trying it?
Narrowing it down to the key benefits
- If you had to narrow it down, what was the #1 reason you decided to buy [PRODUCT]?
- If your boss said you had to cancel some of your SaaS subscriptions, how would you justify the cost of [PRODUCT]?
- What's the #1 reason you continue to use [PRODUCT]?
- If you had to convince a friend to try [PRODUCT] and you only had 2 minutes to explain why they should buy it, what would you say?
Book More Demos. Win More Customers.
We help B2B SaaS companies grow faster using content, emails & ads.